Friday, July 17, 2009

Sands of time






Life and the responsibilities that accompany it have the tendency to be stuck in high gear. Why is it that as we get older time seems to slip through our fingertips? As a little kid summer felt eternal and the daily routines of life felt like it was in slow motion. Afternoons of riding bikes with no destination in mind, hands stained a deep purple from hours of picking blueberries in the woods & barbeques that lasted until stars filled the charcoal sky.




Now, it's often quite the opposite where I can find myself running, and at times often sprinting, to keep up with the pace of things.I'm stepping into my sixth year as a counselor and it is unbelievable how quickly that time has gone. What brings a smile to my face is how rich my life has become in meaning, relationships and the ability to appreciate the epic nature of life even with the bumps in the road. Overall, it's a canvas that I'm diggin'.
The past week has provided opportunity to just chill & catch up with some of my quality 'peeps.' As great as it has been my heart is lightened with the sound of my nephew's voice on the receiving end of the phone knowing that I'll be seeing him on Sunday. I'm looking forward to hanging on the porch, catching fire flies & being with my two favorite dudes in the world.

No comments: