Saturday, July 25, 2009

Farmin' with the fam




The transition from my life in Jersey to that of 'life on the farm' reside on two drastically opposite ends of the spectrum. One finds me running in a million directions as a counselor, youth group leader, friend and so on. My running on the farm consists of two hyperactive nephews, renegade pigs and a handful of perturbed cows. Summer is a beautiful time here, but there isn't much time to be pensive and soak it in the surrounding beauty with a yoga mat and soft trickling water tunes resonating from a cd player.




The other evening Tristan woke Jess up and said, "Mom, I had a really bad dream." When she asked what he dreamed about he responded with, "I dreamed that E didn't love me anymore." Shortly after Jess had me on the phone with him providing reassurance that his 'E' would now and forever love her little dude. Having the past week to make bonfires, chase after baby pigs and create some fairly wicked tye dye tee shirts has been my greatest form of therapy. My time during the year is in short clips of weekends and holidays. I am savoring each day with my two buddies, but in the back of my head there's the reality that I'll be hitting the road again once September rolls around. For now, I will do my best to block that out and just relish the present.

Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: