Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gem it up


The past week seemed never ending between stressors at work to prepping for all that of a PGM nature. I was on ultra warp speed the entire week and once the run wrapped up mid-afternoon Saturday my body and mind attained an actute level of exhaustion. Every year I convince myself that this will be the last year and it seems that as the years press onward our following grows stronger and any effort to nix the run just doesn't sit right.

With clear blue skies, no wind and ideal temps it was the perfect day. With fifteen minutes before the run I stood in awe staring into a sea of blue shirts. Parents, students, small children and others from the community seemed to stream in filling the parking lot all there to attend either the walk or run. My heart swelled in gratitude to all those present and the countless hands that make this event a reality.

I don't have the answer behind why the girls were taken so quickly, so young. But I can say with the utmost of confidence that their loss was not in vain. I know Ange, Meg, Shana and Angela would be so proud of our efforts and what we are doing in their memory. Our life is fleeting, no matter how many years we walk this earth. Substance is found in truth, sacrifice and giving. I will press forward along with my 'wing-peeps' striving to make a difference and hoping to keep another friend, daughter, sister or loved one from going through what our five families have. We are strong and we will continue striving to make an impact and ultimately leave an impression upon the hearts we encounter.

My hope is to continue to fight the good fight as long as I'm breathing. I will do my best to fulfill the purpose God has intended for me along with making my sister proud. Keep living life with open arms, open eyes and an open heart.
Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: