Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pre-wedding fiesta


With the two month mark quickly approaching the stress factor in planning, booking and all the other details can seem a tad overwhelming at times. I'm not the best when it comes to details and 'the little things,' but we're getting there. As the day draws closer there is stress, but overall I'm truly excited and have a great sense of peace about the direction that life is taking us.

Last week the girls from work threw a fairly epic pre-wedding shin dig and it was a blast. Walking around with my straw skirt, hawaiian lai and Hawaiian veil it was a few hours of simple goodness. The past few months have been pretty stressful in the world of education with the budget, politics and a whole lot of other side things that could easily cast a dark light on things. But even in the midst of uncertainty, my colleagues and friends press onward laughing, caring and teaching with all the red tape in the distance. I wish more people had the privilege to know the many great ones that I work with, who teach our youth and inspire in a way very few are able. We've got some great peeps @ Seneca : )

Things are rolling with planning the wedding, but for right now I'm going to enjoy the goodness of the moment and savor the present instead of letting it slip by focusing on the future. Each day is a gift and those I share it with make it all a little lighter and enjoyable. Diggin' the moment and stoked for the future.

Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: