Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Diggin' Disney


I haven't been to Disney World in nearly ten years. This past weekend marked my fourth trek to the Magic Kingdom & although a whirl wind journey, it was a blast. There were 19 of us in total and we hit the ground running arriving late Friday evening & we were out the door early Saturday for a full fledge day of Disney madness.

Jordan, Taylor, Anna's kids & Tristan and Gabe made the Disney experience all the richer. There's just something about taking a step back, letting yourself off of 'adult status', and viewing the world through the eyes of a child. Watching the kids stare with mouth agape at the characters walking around the park, taking in Cinderella's Castle and the look of sheer exhaustion for a full day of utter imagination just does something to the heart. To have been there for Tristan & Gabe's first time in Disney was amazing. I had a blast counting down with Tristan and all the Disney characters anticipating the clock to strike nine & the doors to swing open.

Even though it was a jam packed 48 hours, it was nothing short of perfect. Keith, Taylor & I headed back to the Magic Kingdom after dinner at Epcot & found a pretty empty theme park in the last hour plus. Thunder Mountain & Splash Mountain were ours for the taking with the attendants asking us if we just wanted to keep on riding. How cool is that?

So, the week is already mid-through and I'm clinging to the blue skies, full sun and sheer goodness of Disney Magic as long as I can. After our inservice yesterday I hopped in my car and savored a short surf session. The waves were as small as they come, but I was able to pull off wading in the Atlantic with just a bathing suit and short rash guard. It was an awesome way to wrap up a long weekend and take some time to just reflect on the blessings of life and the ones I love. Lots of goodness and a heap of blessings that I thank God for every day.


Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: