Friday, October 22, 2010


I'm not really a die hard anything. Ok, so let me rephrase that. I am hard core surfer, traveller and coffee consumer. I dig ocean, flip flops and the feel of sand on my feet. I would spend a whole day in my car driving just to have 30 minutes on the beach when I'm in need of a shore fix. But that's my thing. Sports, on the other hand, doesn't fall under anything close to that description. I like taking in a game once in awhile, but as for statistics, rosters and records I'm pretty challenged. I guess that's sort of a bummer since I live less than an hour from Philly. But in the midst of Philly Fever, I do have a tendency to find the rally towel, dig out that old jersey and prop myself in front of the tv. So die hard no, but I typically get caught up in the madness of it all. Good madness that is.

Keith & I took in the Flyers game last week where they were pretty much pounded (as Tristan would say) by the Penguins. The seats were great, but the puck movement was a bit challenged on part of the Flyers. Post-loss we took a stroll over to Citizen's Bank Park where game one of the series was in full motion. I couldn't tell you the Phillies line up, but I always get a kick out of the whole 'Philly ambiance.' From the shady shopping carts filled with questionable pretzels, knock off shirts & the rowdy tailgaters Philly is a place all its own.

Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: