Sunday, October 3, 2010

feeling a tad autumnal


It's already Sunday night and I find myself asking exactly where the weekend went to. With the quick weekend accompanied the beginning stages of switching the wardrobe, but not yet fully committing to fall's arrival. As we have fully tranistioned into a new school year there are moments I have a hard time grasping how fleeting time is. Tristan celebrated his 5th birthday last week. I can close my eyes and vividly remember him cuddled under my father's arm riding for hours on the tractor; now the little guy has already attempted to start the John Deer on his own.

Even with a rapid speed weekend there was time to drive with the windows down, take in a little fall festivities (Oktoberfest in Medford:), sip on a few pumpkin lattes and savoring the goodness of family and friends. Even though I am summer, beach and sun through and through I'm not sure how I would respond to living in a region without the season's changing. With change in temps and scenery it marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of something new.

As we press into another fall and yet another school year, my hope is to spend more time enjoying what is instead of chasing what has yet to come. So for now, I will step away from the computer and join the family for a little hang time before setting the alarm and gearing up for a new day.

Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: