Monday, February 27, 2012

Outlook is everything

Since Friday I have had a bout with the flu, feeling funk or whatever medical term you would like to call it. It isn't that often that the sense of funk knocks me down for a few days. Lots of coughing, dizzy spells and expending a heap of energy for simple tasks that I usually don't even think about.

It was three days that felt more along the lines of six days and it gave me ample time to think of how often I take my health for granted. I was a bit inconvenienced for three days of my life while there are some who are unable to get out of bed each day. There are those who battle with daily ailments that I can't even wrap my mind around. Every day I roll out of bed, get dressed and go into the world doing my thing. Are there aches and pains once in awhile? Absolutely. Do I have any right to complain? Absolutely not.

I am grateful for the ability to breathe without assistance. I am grateful for the ability to jog up and down the steps every day to do whatever task I need to do at work. I am grateful for the ability to walk along the beach with fully functional arms and legs feeling the cool sand between my feet. Someday one of these just might change. I don't mean that as being cynical, but realistic. For the now, for each day I am given I am so very thankful.


Web Counter

No comments: