Friday, July 13, 2012

Another farm fresh trek

In an effort to squeeze in a little extra time on the farm I headed south for a few days before Taylor and I head to Haiti. I have to think that if I ever managed to sit still for more than a day I just might internally combust. Sitting still just is not my nature. Timing was perfect with having 72 hours to catch up with my Grandma who was in town for a week.
Grandma Gert has lived in Florida for over twenty years now and we typically see her once a year. The boys entertained her with their boisterous personalities and even serenaded her on the porch with their musical skills. It was nice to see her enjoying herself and just being happy. I am grateful to get the time with her, even if it is only a few days a year. She is my last surviving grandparent. It's a sad thing, but Gert is 93 in a few weeks and as spry and bedazzled as ever.
In the few days we all had together we typically slam  a whole lot into every moment we have. I always find myself mentally and physically exhausted, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Being around the little dudes recharges me in so many ways. Every moment is memorable whether it be picking apples, chasing cows, rolling the scooter down the steepest hill on the farm to sitting on the porch eating breakfast. Once the school year begins it's much more of a challenge and time constraint in seeing everyone, but I'm blessed to have the summer off.
I hope to have one last go down to Va before September rolls around. Sitting on the porch with my parents, Jess and the boys is something that I look forward to. Until then, we'll stick with daily phone calls and a fridge stocked with farm fresh eggs. Keep the goodness rolling!



No comments: