Saturday, July 21, 2012

Updating the blog from Haiti...this is my third go today and I am hoping it works! It's near eight pm and I am already lying on my bed ready for a solid sleep. It rained heavily earlier this evening which seemed to alleviate the heat & humidity.
At one point today I couldn't help but laugh as Tay and I were bouncing around with the kids and both of our shirts were stained from sweat. Yay for feeling super attractive! Just watching these kids beam with joy as we sang, splashed each other with water balloons and jumped around made my heart surge with a sense of happiness that is as good as it gets.
Tomorrow we are hiking down to town and attending a local church. Afterwards we're helping out with an afternoon of outreach for all the local kids in area orphanages. Taylor is providing her dance class while I've been assigned face painting and painting kids nails. Bring on the creativity!

No comments: