Sunday, April 28, 2013

Color Me Goodness


Last year I made the decision that I would attempt to cut back a bit on some of my super crazy train projects at work. I wanted to amp down a bit. It was a good thought. I opted to replace the PGM run and chat with something else. It has been increasingly taxing on my emotions sharing so much and running at warp speed. I figured a tweak wasn't a bad thing.
It wasn't a bad thing at all. As we opted to initiate Seneca's first ever color run what better name than Color Me Goodness? My belief is that the decisions that we make in life are so very important. We can live for ourselves or we can stretch beyond our comfort zone and live to serve, impact our communities and look at people's hearts instead of solely external features. 

It wasn't an easy task, but my Seneca kids managed to kick out 600 pounds of color powder. It all entailed lots and lots of patience, experimenting and aiming for absolute goodness. I went through countless dust masks, tweaked a myriad of color powder recipes and spent hours upon hours blending a vast array of colors. Cutting back on hours and crazy had good intentions...e for effort.
The day of the run could not have been any more glorious. The sun was shining, faces were smiling and legs were ready to run a totally awesome 5k with eight chutes, 600 pounds of color and heaps of peeps super ready for being doused with color. Was it worth it? Totally. I think of the day when I will look back at the craziness, the long hours and the experiences so many have had that will be long lasting. It's a pretty cool thing. 

My hope is that the 400+ who participated will not only take away a lot of dusty color, but the realization that life is indeed precious and we have the ability to truly color the world with a heap of goodness! 

No comments: