Saturday, July 13, 2013

a tree house

I am now a firm believer that everyone,
in their lifetime, should sleep in a tree house.
Here me out before you laugh out loud and say,
'I don't think so.'
I get reflective when I travel. If you have
followed any of my past treks they speak for
themselves. Reflecting and travelling sort
are sort of intertwined with me.
 I think we can make life so much
more complicated then it needs to be.
I slept in a tree house. I awoke to chirping birds,
a cool breeze and the smell of flowers and 
ripe raspberries that bordered our sleeping
quarters. 
No alarm. A hot cup of tea on the little
porch with a handful of berries that to toss 
in my mouth. Simple.
If you don't feel the tug of the tree house
then take a walk in another town without 
your google map app. Or jump in the ocean 
as you watch the sun come up. Maybe 
take that cooking class or rebuild that 
something you've been talkingabout 
doing for all these years.
Add flavor, color when the every day
might begin to feel mundane. Life's too 
short to eat oatmeal every day for 
breakfast, to never deviate go off
grid a bit or have never made a
bucket list.
Mix it up....or maybe grab a blanket and 
pillow and sleep in a tree house tonight.

No comments: