Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey in my belly:)


Weekends in Virginia seem to fly by quicker as the years go on. I hopped a train from Philly on Wednesday with time to grab a cup of coffee, have a few deep breathes and have a nice chat with Pa's Governor Rendell. I actually forgot he was now the governor and no longer mayor, but that's what happens when the ginseng pills have dried up. Following my little chat with good old Ed I was Va bound.

The first half of the week was beyond whirl wind status attempting to bring together Thanksgiving baskets for area families. It was an unbelievable high to leave Seneca on Wednesday with the knowledge that so many had a hand in making someone's Thanksgiving a little better than it would have been. Heading south on the train I tried not to let my mind wander to all those who were not identified in our area who would not have a meal on our national day of giving thanks. My hope is that we will continue onward in doing what we are able and never just simply take the back seat and observe others 'doing.' I believe paying it forward is one of the greatest gifts that comes in so many forms.

On the farm we had a day of Thanks with the family eating a seriously epic Turkey courtesy of Faith Farm. My parents take great pride in how they raise their animals, how they are treated and I must admit there is just something different about it. It is amazing what they've accomplished and how a guy and a girl from Bayonne, NJ ended up in Virginia as free range farmers. Life is never predictable and surely never boring. But I am thankful for my family, friends and the life I have. Very often, I feel unworthy but will continue to live fully never compromising and never regretting.


Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: