Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Spending the last evening on the farm and in disbelief at how quickly the week has passed. This afternoon Jess, the boys & I went for lunch at a little place in Farmville nestled atop a hill overlooking a babbling brook. As Gabe was stuffing himself with oyster crackers and Tristan slurping down his red pepper crab soup all I could think was, there is nowhere else I would rather be right now. With all my adventures over my past 32 years that consist of camping with Beduoins in the Jordanian desert, hanging with Fijians on a small island in the middle of the Pacific, racing an Arabian horse around the pyramids in Egypt and planting cyprus trees on a farm in the middle of Tuscany; all of these pale in comparison to the moments I have with them. They bring a sense of peace and wholeness that my passport just can't match up to.

So as we roll into another year there will be more stamps on the passport, new experiences with friends, but nothing will ever supercede the times with the ones who make my heart the happiest: my little dudes. So I'm signing off to roast a few more marshmallows over the fire place. Below is a pic of Tristan, gloves and all, eating one of his ever so crispy toasted marshmallows. We do it with style : )

A little recap of one of my favorite conversations with Tristan:
Tristan:"E, you livin' the dream?" Me:"Yes Tristan I am are you?" Tristan:"Not yet E,not til' I'm an adult & then I'm coming w/ you." Me:"Where we going buddy?" Tristan:"We gotta go somewhere you've never been yet,E." Me:"Ok Tristan, what are ya thinking?" Tristan:"China.." Me:"I've actually never been there buddy." Tristan:"I know that E, that's why we're goin' & I'm bringing the snacks.."

No comments: