Friday, December 23, 2011



                                                   













The week before Christmas typically falls under the umbrella of crazy train status.  It always feels like the pressure is on in all aspects of life and it can be beyond challenging to keep things in balance and remember, after all, it is about the birth of Christ and not a whirl wind of presents, to do lists and the rising of blood pressure. 


The last day of work before break has become the moment of, as Barry Manilow so aptly sang, 'looks like we made it...' status. From getting all decked out in our ugly Christmas sweaters, to having a full fledge breakfast buffet with the girls and rolling with our 'Project Seneca Elf,' it is truly the final lap in the race to break. Yay!
Thursday and Friday we spent handing out over 80 bags, cookie trays and baskets for students. Coordinating and assembling such a large scale project is overwhelming, but I would not change a thing about it. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to look each kid in the eye and send the message of 'we care...'
I frequently use the cliche, "don't judge a book by its' cover." Each of us have our own chapters in life and no one really knows what goes on beyond the cover and Intro. With the economy and present state of economy for many, times are tough. My feeling is there is no better way to truly celebrate Christmas than assuming the eyes of Christ. May I not judge. May I look into the eyes of those I cross paths with and see the inner and not the outershell. May I extend my hand to assist with no intention of receiving anything in return.
There is tremendous joy this season, but also a whole lot of pain and sadness. My hope is that we alleviated even just a fraction of that for a few moments in some lives reinforcing the defintion of family, love and Christmas.
God Bless! Merry Christmas!



No comments: