Saturday, December 24, 2011

It is Christmas Eve and nearing Christmas day in less than an hour. I am still awake and that in itself is a miracle. After a day of being with family, attending Christmas Eve service and eating way too much it is now a small window of down time before Christmas officially arrives. By window of time I mean more like seven hours, but I'll take down time in any form available.
I think one of my favorite part of Christmas time is Christmas Eve service standing in silence for about an hour, holding a candle and alloting time to reflect, give thanks and rejoice in the true meaning of the season...Christ's Birth. So often we loose sight of what it is all about. I realize there is Hanukkah and to that I say, Happy Hanukkah. We're moving onto night number six and the menorah is shining bright in our front window. We're a little half and half in Lawler-Patterson land : )

It is a beautiful time of the year. I love the smells, chill in the air and the stillness that seems to fill the air shortly before the unwrapping and hustling for presents begins. After our family dessert this evening I walked back to our house. It was less than a ten minute walk, but there's something pretty wonderful about total silence, stars above and a crispness in the air that chills your lungs. I am grateful for the creation around me, my family and the beauty in places that are sometimes easily overlooked.

Off to bed before Santa or Hanukkah Heloise show up....time's ticking!

Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: