Sunday, December 4, 2011


December feels like it is running full steam ahead. I have officially placed my flip flops in temporary hibernation. There's talk Tuesday will bring temps to the high sixties which has possibility of being a flip flop friendly zone.
With a mere three weeks until Christmas the kids assisted in wrapping gifts for friends and family, but also for a few kids that we 'adopted' for our Project Elf at Seneca. This year we will tackle a total of sixty five gift bags and baskets for kids who might be facing some financial struggles, are dealing with a whole heap of 'stuff' or may have lost someone they loved over the course of the year. There is a whole lot of pain and struggles out there, but my heart is filled to the brim at the thought of how many kids will get a very clear message of care, hope and family through each gift passed from one hand to another.


Even with all of the craziness there is a whole lot of goodness rolling around the Christmas Season. Keith & I embarked upon the very distant Dicken's Festival in Medford (a whopping 2.8 miles away:) and enjoyed an evening of listening to carolers singing, sipping hot chocolate and examining a pretty impressive reindeer ice sculpture. I think I would be able to kick out a fairly impressive menorah if they would have entrusted me with the chain saw. For some reason, I don't see that happening anytime soon.....a girl can hope, can't she? 

No comments: