Saturday, December 31, 2011

The After Christmas-Christmas


On Monday I headed down at around 3 am for an after Christmas-Christmas visit to the farm. Tristan and I have had a tradition of chopping down a tree and decorating it for the past three or four years now and this year wasn't any different. Jess, the boys and I took a trek along the property and were on a mission to find the perfect tree. After a little comparing and contrasting the small, large and in between we came to an agreement.

To avoid the wrath of pine needles we opted to decorate and go all out with an outside set up. Lights, tied on sparkly wrapping paper and a few other improv decorations that pretty much made it the best tree in the area. I think if the proper individuals were around we might have won an award. I have to say I'm pretty proud of our efforts.

Tristan, Gabe and I assembled the coolest space ship IN THE WORLD. Not only was it pretty legit, but we found some glow in the dark paint that made it oh so very spacy. Lots of duct tape, paint brushes and paint for the coolest space ship I have ever seen.

The week always seems to fly by, but it was a wonderful few days with the the parentes, the boys and Jess. I value the time I am able to spend with them and feel blessed to have such richness in my life. From a improv Christmas tree, a cardboard space ship and roasting marshmallows in the fireplace and by the pit - it is simple things like these that bring a smile to my face and realize how very precious the little things in life are. 

Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed 2012!

No comments: