Friday, August 8, 2008

Back in the States



Returned back to the States Monday evening and although this was the trip of the lifetime there is nothing quite like being back home.  For the first two days home I had a bout of post-Cairo illness that I'm slowly recovering from. I feel profoundly blessed to have the time to unwind and recharge on home soil instead of in Cairo or in transit. That wouldn't have been too good. 

I spent a few days in Jersey recharging and am presently in Virginia at my family's farm where I plan to be until the end of August. The first thing I arrived to was my nephew, Tristan, throwing his arm around me and saying, "oh E, I love you so much! I missed you E." That little dude makes my heart melt and I'm stoked to have the next two weeks to just be with my family and just savor every moment we have together. 

** I've attached a few movie clips I located from Wadi Rum in Jordan and the other in Cairo riding alongside the pyramids.**   


No comments: