Monday, August 18, 2008

Farm Life : )


It took about a week to feel back to sorts after arriving home from Egypt. It was a long week of attempting to slow down and listen to my body say, 'give me time to recharge.' So, all is good now after increasing the stock in Gatorade. 
When arriving on Faith Farm it is a place of quite stunning beauty. I am in awe of what my parents have created here in a two year span of time. The two from Bayonne, NJ are farmers rounding up cattle, raising chickens and have a few dozen pigs romping around in the lower pastures of their 95 acre spread. It is unbelievable. I'm allowed to be in awe for about ten minutes before I'm handed an empty crate to collect eggs or doing a quick pace walk to help fence in any renegade cows on the loose. 

There are not many moments of down time, but it has been great just being here with them. Yesterday my dad and I spent a good hour rounding up three pigs to take to market. One, nearly four hundred pounds, almost scaled one of the fences in the process. That would have been one for the books. The roosters are crowing as I write this and the sun has not yet begun to show its signs of stirring. I'm off with my padre to drop off the pigs at the area processor. It's 5:30 am and I'm soooo ready for a Wawa coffee.  : )  

No comments: