Monday, August 25, 2008

Green Acres, apples & lots of smiles



It has been a great two weeks here on the farm. Between tending to baby chicks, roasting marshmallows under the stars with Tristan, literally running with the bulls (and away from..run away!!!) and picking heaps of apples and pears. As I was up in the apple tree yesterday about fifty feet up and as I felt the swaying of the branch it dawned on me, 'if I slip I could actually break something.' The realization that I actually thought that made me feel a bit aged, but still I hopped down a few feet closer to the ground and figured it to be a good compromise. 


The baby chicks are in their tending house and are doing well chirping, bouncing and creating plenty of smiles all around. Jess is out helping my pops with the pigs and then the three of us are off to the shore for a few days. Tristan is fairly stoked to learn to surf with his 'E' and Jess, on the other hand, is stoked to just chill on the beach, read and possibly have a few moments of relaxation. The wind is supposed to switch, so hoping for a nice swell to come our way. So.... off to the beach and savoring a few more days with the family : ) 

No comments: