Friday, August 22, 2008

Can I add farm hand to my resume???


Earlier this morning the phone rang and it was the post office. I bet you a million dollars that you couldn't guess what it was regarding. Go ahead, guess.... At 7:30 am the local post lady informed me, "Ms. Lawler your delivery is here. There are 150 baby chicks waiting for you." I have to say in the way of phone calls that had to be one of the most random I've received. Jess, Tristan & I spent an hour getting the baby chicks acclimated with their new surroundings as they learned how to drink from the water dispenser and where their feed was located. There were 150 little yellow balls of fur darting from one direction to the other and Tristan was having a blast trying to keep up with them. 



As summer begins to wind down so do the rituals of  roasting marshmallows around the camp fire, walking around in bare feet and sipping iced tea on the front porch.  Its tough to let the wonder of summer leave, but it has been full of rich experiences and memories. 
Today has been just one of those really good days of summer. As Tristan and I drove out into the lower pasture and stood on the rear of the pick up to pick pears I had one of my reflective moments. Standing in the middle of a field with a light breeze, cows stirring and bees buzzing next to my favorite person in the world I couldn't find a sweeter moment of happiness. It is moments such as these that I feel profoundly unworthy of and am in awe of God's goodness. 

No comments: