Monday, August 10, 2009


Yesterday Tristan and I took a walk about along the perimeter of the farm and discovered an impressive supply of blackberries
I get a kick out of just watching him do his thing and become impressively independent. As summer begins to draw to a close I find it hard to prevent my mind from wandering to the inevitable return to the real world. I am so profoundly blessed to have these weeks with Tristan & Gabe, but as they get older it tugs at my heart only being with them sporadically through the year. But as my Uncle Meyer would always say, "it is what it is."

If you've never gone blackberry picking there is a difference between eating them out of a container and actually picking them from the bush. Trying to manipulate one's fingers around prickly thorns and buzzing bees can prove interesting. Tristan found it resourceful to just simply point out which berry he thought best and have me get it for him. So at the end of our berry fest his face was stained a lovely purple from heaps of berries and my hands had about fifty thorns stuck attached. He may be just shy of four, but sometimes that little dude seems a little too wise for his own good : )



Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: