Thursday, August 27, 2009

Walk like a Parisian

Arrived in Paris a few days ago and find myself typing awqy in an internet cafe shop with a half dozen others speaking dialects from across the globe. The last time I was with my mom in 2003. Returning, six years later, Paris has the same feel and finding myself having a blast.
Most of my travels have lead me on a solo route all over the globe. This time around my friend, Janet, and I decided to tackle Paris with plans of meeting a mutual friend from the States. From dodging wild pigeons, abiding by Paris traffic patterns and engaging in random conversations with locals I have not stopped laughing since we arrived.
Yesterday walking near the eiffel tower we popped into a small grocery store picking up a little vino, baguette, chocolate and some ridiculously epic cheese. A picnic lunch with the eiffel tower looming above would indeed claim one of my top five meals in my lifetime. Blue skies and a cool breeze has made the past few days ideal. Will check back soon... viva la francais!




Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: