Friday, August 14, 2009

Farmville...tiny dot on that mighty big map


I'm sitting in a coffee shop in downtown Farmville, Virginia attempting to catch up on some last loose ends with work along with beginning the 'planning stages' of a short trek to Europe in less than two weeks. I've spent a significant amount of time here feeling a bit like one of the locals receiving a pleasant wave and greeting by the owner and the many who hang here. To be honest, I sort of dig this tiny, quaint southern town that has quite a bit of personality. With sweet tea in hand and some seriously solid tunes with Coltrane & a little Johnny Cash in the background, you can't really go wrong. Coffee + tunes = super productivity. Go me.

I know the economy is unstable and we're all pinching our pennies, but I took a second glance at Wally World's advertisement for blueberries. Dude, really? Jess and I very proudly invested in enhancing our countries economy by buying some mighty fine blueberries (not as good as Jersey, may I say) and fairly stoked about our two cent savings. Now the question...what to do with the extra pennies? Allow me to ponder that & I will get back to you on that one...

Our venture to Wally World consisted of perusing the diaper aisle, searching for John Deere fruit snacks, wrestling for a nerf gun & Tristan becoming unintentionally tangled in a makeshift seat in the bathroom. Boredom is definitely not ever present when the little dudes are present.
Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: