Friday, August 7, 2009

Just Beachy



For the past week I've slept in, caught up with old friends and sort of re-charged the spirit. I've been off duty & totally loving it. Wednesday I hopped in my car and drove down to the south end of the island later in the afternoon hitting Salvo and Waves. I love treking around the dunes taking some quality pics on the camera and hearing nothing but the wind blow along the shore line.

I floated along the island over the week catching up and slowing down. I loved being able to hang with Nathan, Trish & little Gwen who are some of the most dynamic people I've ever come across. If you have a chance to check out their blog and get a sense of who they are and how God has totally worked in their lives over the years. Tricia has CF (Cystic Fibrosis) and although the past few years have been intense, God is so very real and working through them. Totally awesome... I was able to hang with them and the crew at Rita's in Southern Shores where a chunk of the proceeds went towards CF Research. Check out their site: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com

Before rolling out of town two close friends and I, Ginny & Jan, hit the Nags Head Pier for a great breakfast and some killer views of clean surf rolling in below. The Pier is one of my favorite joints to have a meal when in town and just soak in some epic surroundings. Ginny owns, Cloud Nine, a bead shop located in Nags Head. If you're ever in town it is seriously a great place filled with jewelery that is truly one of a kind. Although time went fast, as it always does, it was a great week.
Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: