Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bogota in the present tense

It is midnight. I have been in travel mode for eighteen hours and this chick is exhausted. From Hamilton Station to Newark Airport and then hanging in Houston for a few before a five hour flight to Bogota. But I am here.
The most exhausting part was customs. Standing in line for over an hour, playing a classic game of 'dude, where's my bag' hopping from one carousel to another and then standing in two more lines that really served no purpose. But I am in Colombia!
I am staying in Olde City where there is a sudden shift from contemporary buildings to a maze of houses, flats and restaurants that are stunning in color and rich in character.
I am typing away sipping on a fanta and noshing on a hawaiian pizza. Yum! Tomorrow I am joining some fellow globe trekers for a bike tour around town and beyond. I am really looking forward to returning later in the evening to watch Colombia vs Argentina play a bit of futbol. I had the opportunity to be in Italy when the World Cup was going on and it was madness. I am ready for some global madness (I mean that in the most positive of senses:)
Excited for what tomorrow holds. Heading to bed. Ciao!

Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: