Monday, July 25, 2011

Farm, Grandma & Heat...oy vey!



Last week upon returning from Colombia the jungle temps were pretty comparable to good old 08055 temps. Yay, jungle fever! I don't mind the heat, but feeling like one bears resemblance to a gingerbread in the oven or a empenada in the fryer isn't the most empowering state to be in. But, with an intense week of heat it seems to be breaking, at least, for the moment.
I headed to the farm on Friday and left around 3 am where I hopped in my car and spent the first 3 hours going through a heavy layer of humidity. I have to say, early morning combined with high humidity is a great combination for the hair. To add, no hair product was applied at that early hour and therefore no pics will ever be provided to document.
The boys are growing by leaps and bounds and the farm is in prime season as July seems to be quickly transitioning to August. I may be on summer vacation, but the farm is far from it.
I love seeing the kids heading up to the big barn to help milk the cows, hop on the hay bales to pick apples for the market and collect eggs from the chickens. The little dudes have quite the work ethic and it's pretty impressive. Although I'm not really the 'farm type,' I do my best to help out while here and get my fill of outdoor physical labor. There has always been that part of me that enjoys hard work, physical challenges and just being part of nature.
Yesterday, Grandma Gert arrived to Faith Farm from Florida. She typically heads up for a visit once a year around this time. Last year, she visited for a little over a week for my wedding. I have to say, there is no one on earth like my grandmother. From her leopard print pajamas (aka evening wear) to golden bedazzled shoes, she is one of a kind. The boys get a kick out of her and I'm glad that there is GG time for them. Being that she is my only grandparent still with us, time with her is something I value no matter how very different we are. Good times on the farm.

No comments: