Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Return to Bogota


Yesterday was a great day of keeping it low key. I was fortunate enough to connect with a friend of a friend in a great area of town overlooking the beach and overall, a pretty great place. From strolling around town, taking pics, sitting by the pool and ending the day with a barbeque my battery was recharged.

Returning to Bogota I feel like I have a pretty solid grasp of town, where to go and where not to go. The people here are so welcoming and I was pretty content just sitting in one of the main squares sipping a cup of coffee and taking in my surroundings.

I'm not sure if it's a sign of age, but I have become more fond of soaking in the culture of a country and interacting with locals than seeing how many countries I can hit in a week. There was a point a number of years ago I was more consumed with how many countries I could rack up instead of really taking it at pace and getting a solid grasp on what the country consisted of. I have enjoyed the last week and a half and I am looking forward to more journeys and seeing what tomorrow brings. Good stuff and ready for a solid sleep before heading out and soaking in one last day in the Bog. Ciao for now!





Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: