Monday, July 7, 2008

Back 2 Reality... for a few hours any way




After two fairly amazing weeks in Virginia with the family, reality beckons and its time to get back into the swing of things. Well, now doesn't that sound depressing... so, as to avoid any melancholy feelings I shall shun monotony. I'm back in good old South Jersey for approximately 4.5 days before heading to Newark airport for my departure to Tel Aviv, Israel. To say I'm stoked would be the understatement of the year, decade or possibly whatever length of time follows that. 
I feel sooooo blessed to have the opportunity to have spent some true quality time with the family, but there's that inevitable stirring in my soul to hit the road and truly 'do it up.' I secured a volunteer position in Jerusalem at a local soup kitchen where, as I've been assured, their meals contain only the freshest and most organic of ingredients. Hmmm... I think I've heard that somewhere else (go Faith Farms!!!). To have the opportunity to really get into the thick of things, get my hands a tad dirty & give back a little is truly empowering. 
Life is but a vapor and I believe if we live with that in mind, our days, hours and moments have the potential to be much richer. Have an awesome day. 


Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: