Tuesday, July 15, 2008




Top experiences in Tel Aviv:

- Finding myself getting TOTALLY caught up in the haggling experience found at Jaffa Markets (why did I buy that shiny silver bracelet again?)
- Trying to type in Hebrew without actual knowledge of Hebrew
- Free samples at Carmel Market are FAR superior to Sam's Club (rosemary tea, olives, fresh fruit : )
- Asking for directions, receiving directions, not understanding directions and the cycle continues
- Ordering an iced coffee, paying eighteen shekels ($6) & realizing it was a frothy substance with chunks of cream and other ingredients that I am now addicted to
- The Red Sea & the Jersey Shore have on thing in common.... no surf!
- Hummus is the pb&j of America (and I can actually eat Israel's staple food w/o benadryl!)
- Treking to the top of Old Jaffa City and watching the sun set over the Red Sea....breathtaking
- Hanging out at the beach talking global endeavors with Israelis travelling from India, Germany & Switzerland... how random is that?
- I am all about pita travelling cases (I'm sporting one in the pic above). What more could you ask for on a hot summer day on the beach? Hummus pita, anyone?

No comments: