Friday, July 25, 2008

Savoring Shabbat





Even though I'm on vacation I find myself exhausted and ready to recharge. Running around wandering from point a to b has been wearing and I am very appreciative of Shabbat's arrival. For the next 24 hours I will read, sleep and just be still. Too often I find myself going and running on fumes and being here for these past few weeks has taught me a great deal. We must take time to just 'be.' As the air begins to cool and people scurry back to their homes to prepare dinner there is a stillness about Jerusalem that is unique. The entire town just stops. The local grocery store, pub, clothes shops and hustle and bustle of the week come to a screeching halt. And for 24 hours there is nothing. I wish we could revert to that in the States. In this environment there is not much choice if you want to partake, it's across the board. And I respect that. Everyone needs a day of rest & I'm about to just chill and do my 'it's all good thing.'
Here are a few pics from my strolls yesterday & today. Enjoy. Shabbat Shalom!


No comments: