Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dude, where's my GPS???



I guess most travellers actually secure their accomodation and overall route months before departure. If you know me at all, you know that's not so much the case with me. And if you don't know me, let's just say I have a tendency to give those of an OCD nature anxiety and unintentional migranes. I find having faith that all will fall into place makes travelling all the richer and leads to paths that may otherwise go unnoticed.I didn't know where the road would lead in Jerusalem & now I'm in a great part of the city with a flavor for a city that was only imagined through newspapers and history books. Now, I'm here and living it. A hotel could not provide an invite to an all exclusive VIP screening at the Jewish Film Festival , have me utterly confused when attempting to buy hair conditioner at the local convenient store (which is again, only in Hebrew) or playing poker with a Dane, a Brit, Estonian and two Israelis while dining on hummus and stale pita bread. Totally good stuff.


So now, I find my plans altered just a tad. Instead of heading to Sinai to dive in Dahab I'm opting to spend a bit more time in Israel. I'm catching a bus to meet up with Daniel, a fellow Jersey-ite, who is presently living in a kibbutz just south of Galilea. He recently received approval for dual citizenship. I'm envious. So, I'll be there for a bit then back to J'lem for a day or so before heading south for Petra via Eliat. Crazy.Living life with open arms and loving every passing breath.
* Picture taken at sunset in Olde City

No comments: